- 2 C All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 C Zulka Morena Pure Cane Sugar / divided
- 1 C Strawberries, diced
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 C Melted butter and cooled
- 1 C Buttermilk
- 1/2 C Sour cream
- 3/4 C Confectionary sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. In a medium sized bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add 1/2 cup Zulka sugar and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, dice strawberries into small pieces, about the size of a dime. Add 1/2 cup Zulka sugar and set aside.
4. In a medium size bowl, beat egg using a whisk until light and fluffy. Add melted butter and whisk together with egg. Continue to add buttermilk and sour cream and whisk everything together until smooth.
5. Slowly pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to mix just until combined. Careful not to over mix! Lastly, fold in the sugared strawberries.
6. Fill muffins liners up all the way, yes all the way! Bake for 5 minutes at 425° and then reduce heat to 350° and bake for another 16-20 minutes. Baking times will vary by oven.
7. Check your muffins for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the muffin. If your toothpick comes out clean, your muffin is done. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool to room temperature. I had a really hard time waiting for these to cool all the way before trying them.
Recipe By: Beyond Frosting