- 1/2 c. uncooked white rice
- 1 c. water
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 4 c. whole milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. Zulka Morena pure cane sugar
from Life Made Simple
- In a medium size pot, combine the rice, water, coconut milk, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon, and salt, bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a low simmer, cover, and allow to cook for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and add the rice mixture to a blender along with the remaining ingredients. Blend on high for 1 to 3 minutes until very smooth.
- If you prefer a smooth consistency, pour over a mesh sieve into a large pitcher or pour in as-is. Chill until ready to serve.
Yield: 4-6 servings | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes