- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons Zulka Morena Sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 ounces honey almond flavored cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Zulka Morena Sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 medium over ripe banana, mashed (1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- honey, for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking liners. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, place the almonds, 2 tbsp Zulka sugar, and cinnamon. Toss the ingredients together and set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, place the cream cheese, butter, and 1/3 cup Zulka sugar. With the mixer on medium, beat until combined. Add the egg and beat well. Add the mashed banana and vanilla and stir until just combined.
4. In another bowl, place the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt. Use a whisk to combine ingredients. Turn the mixer on low, and gently add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined. Add 1/4 cup of the almond/sugar/cinnamon mixture and fold in gently.
5. Place half of the batter equally amongst the baking cups. Drizzle with honey, and then top with the remaining batter. Sprinkle the remainder of almond/sugar/cinnamon mixture evenly over the tops.
6. Bake the muffins about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center. Allow them to cool 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and drizzle with honey. Serve immediately, or allow them to come to room temperature and store in an airtight container for one day (for best texture).
Recipe by: Dwell on Joy