- 2 cups uncooked well rinsed white rice
- 6 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1/4 cup Zulka granulated sugar
- Cinnamon to sprinkle on top
by Dionne Baldwin, Try Anything Once Culinary
- In a blender pitcher add 2 cups uncooked rice, cinnamon sticks and 4 cups of water.
- Pulse about 10 times to break up rice and cinnamon sticks into smaller pieces.
- Pour into a large bowl and let it soak for 6-8 hours.
- After soaking pour back into a blender pitcher, add sugar and blend for 10 seconds on high.
- Pour 2 cups of water into a pitcher then strain the rice mixture into the pitcher using a fine mesh strainer.
- Stir and refrigerate.
- You can serve immediately over ice.