- 1 dozen large assorted apples (Honeycrisp, Pink Lady, Gala, Fuji etc)
- 1/2 cup Zulka Morena Sugar
- 1/2 cup Zulka Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1-15 ounce container of pure pumpkin puree
Peel, core and roughly chop the apples and place them in a slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients, except the pumpkin puree. Stir and set the slow cooker on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Check mixture once in a while to stir and test the apples to see how soft they are. Once the apples are really soft, almost apple sauce consistency, transfer to a blender and puree. Add the apple mixture back to the slow cooker and add the pumpkin puree. Set on low for another 4 hours or high for 2 hours until thickened slightly.
Let cool and then store in glass jars. Lasts up to one week in the fridge or frozen for up to 3 months.