- Gingersnap crust
- 1 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 c. gingersnap crumbs
- 3 tbsp. Zulka Morena pure cane sugar
- pinch of salt
- 5 tbsp. butter, melted
- 12 oz .cream cheese, set out at room temperature for 30 minutes
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. Zulka pure powdered sugar
- 1 c. solid-pack canned pumpkin
- 2 c. homemade whipped cream + more for garnish *see NOTES
from Life Made Simple
- Combine the ingredients for the crust in a medium size mixing bowl. Press into a 9-inch springform pan. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and pumpkin. Beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Using a large spatula, fold in the whipped cream, then pour into the chilled crust, smoothing it into an even layer. Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Remove the sides and garnish with additional whipped cream if desired.
NOTES: To stabilize the homemade whipped cream, add 2 tbsp. of powdered sugar to it before whipping. You can also use bloom gelatin and fold it in along with the whipped cream like I did
in this recipe.
Yield: 1 (9-inch) cheesecake | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes