- 1 large egg, beaten.
- 3 1/2 cups of unbleached flour.
- 2 cups of milk.
- 3/4 cup of tart cherries, drained.
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- 1/3 cup of chopped pecans.
- 1/4 cup of Zulka Morena Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder, and 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- 2 teaspoons of almond extract.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
In a suitably sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and the Pure Cane sugar.
In another bowl, combine the beaten egg, milk, almond extract, and vegetable oil; blending thoroughly.
Mix the ingredients together gently.
Gently fold in the drained cherries and chopped nuts.
Spoon the batter into greased muffin tins filling each about two-thirds full.
Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 25 minutes.