- Sugar Cubes
- 1 cup Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp Water
- 1 cup Long Grain White Rice
- 1 Cinnamon Stick, broken up a bit
- 8 cups Water, divided
- 2 cups Fresh Berries of choice (Strawberry, Blueberry, Raspberry, Blackberry)
- 1/2 cup Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
- Cinnamon for garnish
- Cinnamon Sticks for garnish
from Sugar and Soul
Directions for Sugar Cubes
- Combine sugar and water in a small bowl and press into Sugar Skull molds, let set overnight to take shape.
Directions for Horchata
- Add rice, cinnamon stick, and 4 cups water to a blender and pulse until a coarse mix forms.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add remaining water, let soak for 3 hours.
- Add back into blender in two batches, adding a cup of berries to each, blending until a smooth fine puree forms.
- Strain mixture through a cheesecloth into a large pitcher.
- Stir in sugar and place in the fridge to chill before serving.
- Garnish with Cinnamon and Cinnamon Stick and a Sugar Skull Sugar Cubes for serving.